Aligarh Muslim University popularly known as AMU is the premier central University situated in the middle of Doab, Aligarh. The University conducts the entrance examination for several courses that include B.Sc (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), BA (Hons.), B.Tech, B.Arch, MBA, MBA (IB), PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance, B.Ed, BA LLB, Diploma in Engineering, Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream), Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Streams). The admission to the candidates is provided on the basis of his/her performance in the entrance examination. Admission into MBBS & BDS course will be based on NEET Score. For each course, the application fee is different. Get the complete information about AMU 2017 application form, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, result and admission from this article.
- 1 AMU 2017 Notification – Exam Dates Revised Schedule Released
- 2 AMU 2017 Exam Dates
- 3 AMU 2017 Application Form
- 4 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 AMU 2017 Exam Pattern
- 6 AMU 2017 Admit Card
- 7 AMU 2017 Result
- 8 Counselling
- 9 AMU 2017 Admission
AMU 2017 Notification – Exam Dates Revised Schedule Released
Candidates are informed that AMU 2017 Exam Dates Revised Schedule has been announced for various courses.Check below:
AMU 2017 Exam Dates
The details regarding AMU 2017 exam dates for each course is given below:
AMU 2017 Application Form
AMU 2017 entrance examination will be conducted for several courses. The candidates are required to fill the separate application form for each course of study. The application can be filled via offline as well as online mode through the official website of the University. It may be expected that the form will be announced in the month of January, 2017. For some courses, there are online application form while for some of the courses offline application forms are available. Online application form can be filled online through the official website and for offline forms the candidates can download it from the official website and then fill it manually.
Note: The candidates who want to apply for B.Tech as well as for B.Arch can fill their details in the same application against the additional fee of Rs. 100/-.
Application fee for AMU 2017
There are 3 modes of payment:
- Through Demand Draft
- Bank Challan
- Online Payment via Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card.
|B.Tech. & B.Arch.||600/-|
|Diploma in Engineering||400/-|
|S.S.S.C. (Humanities & Commerce)||400/-|
|B. Com. (Hons.)||300/-|
|B. A. (Hons.)||300/-|
|B. Sc. (Hons.)||300/-|
The eligibility criteria for different courses of AMU is discussed below:
- Diploma Courses – Maximum Age Limit 21 years
- Graduate Courses – Maximum Age Limit 24 years
- Postgraduate Courses – Maximum Age Limit 27 years
For B.Sc (Hons.):
- It must be required for the aspirants to pass Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent examination with minimum 55% aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics.
For B.A. (Hons.):
- Minimum educational qualification required is Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent examination from the recognized University with minimum aggregate of 45% marks in English and in any three of the subjects from amongst Accountancy, Arabic, Banking, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science/Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Urdu and modern Indian Languages.
For M.Sc (Biotechnology):
- Those who have completed their bachelor degree in 10+2+3 education pattern with Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences or with Chemistry are eligible to apply for this course.
- If the candidates possessing B.Tech, MBBS or B.Pharma degree with at least 55% marks then he/she is eligible to apply.
- Sc degree holders or those who have passed their M.Sc (1 year) with 55% marks are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate marks is required to apply for this course.
For B.Tech and B.Arch:
- The qualification eligibility required for this course is Senior secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination passed with 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Those who have successfully completed Diploma in Engineering with minimum aggregate of 50% marks are also eligible to apply for both the courses.
- Must have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidate wants to apply for this course should not have the age more than 22 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
For Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination passed with 40% aggregate marks in any one of the following subjects:
Science/Arts stream with English Core/English Elective
Health care science in vocational stream only
- Age limit must be in between 17-35 years as on or before 1st September of the year of admission. No age criteria for ANM candidates.
Note: The Age limit will not be applicable in the Faculty of Medicine/Unani Medicine and for foreign nationals/NRIs.
AMU 2017 Exam Pattern
Here, we have mentioned the examination pattern course-wise and is as follows:
For B.Tech Course:
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Type of Question: The question paper will objective type.
- No. of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in examination.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidates for correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no process of negative marking.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprised of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
For B.Sc (Hons) Home Science (Agricultural Sciences):
There will be one question paper contains 100 objective type questions and includes the following sections:
|VI||Home Science (Agr. Sciences)||25|
First three sections are compulsory while there will be choice for the candidates to attempt only one section from the last three sections. It has the time duration of 2 hours.
For B.A. (Hons.):
The question paper will contain 100 multiple choice questions and is divided into the following sections:
|Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement||25|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||40|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||10|
The time allotted to the candidates to answer the questions will be 2 hours.
For B.Com. (Hons.):
It is the 2 hours duration examination. The question paper has 100 objective type questions separated into the following components:
|Elementary Mathematics and Statistics||10|
|Reasoning and Numerical Ability||10|
It has 2 papers contains equal marks weightage and the time duration for both the papers will be 2 hours. Paper-1 will be common with B.Tech applicants. Paper-2 is the architecture aptitude test that contains descriptive questions and test of drawing. It must be necessary for the candidates to secure 40% marks then only he/she will be eligible for the selection. For both the papers, the time duration will be 3 hours.
For Diploma in Engineering:
It contains 100 objective type questions with the following breakup:
|Science (Physics and Chemistry)||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture||10 Marks|
It has the time duration of 2 hours.
There will be 75 objective type questions (75% weightage) and 25 short answer type questions (25% weightage) and will be divided in General English, Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues), Reasoning and Aptitude. It has the time duration of 2 hours.
There is only one objective type paper of 200 marks and contains 200 questions on Environmental Awareness, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Reasoning and Intelligence, Data Analysis and Interpretation. It has the time duration of 3 hours.
Note: The additional time to the extent of 25% of the test duration will be provided to the blind candidates. Such candidates are provided with the scribe but these candidates have to submit the written request for the same before 7 days of the examination.
AMU 2017 Admit Card
The University uploads the admit card for the admission test courses on its official website. The admit card will not be sent to the candidates via post. It will be downloadable from the controller’s website. The candidates are required to paste the recent passport size photograph on the downloaded admit card. The admit card for departmental courses will be issued one or two days before the examination and will be collected from the office where application form had submitted.
AMU 2017 Result
The result will be published on the notice board of the concerned faculty/college/centre/proctor’s office/controller’s website. The candidates can check their result in the month of May/June tentatively. The shortlisted candidates are called for the counselling for the seat allotment.
The candidates who are shortlisted for counselling will be intimated through the notice boards of the concerned faculty. Admission to the particular course or branch will be followed by counselling. The distribution of seats and courses shall be offered through counselling.
AMU 2017 Admission
The final allotment of seats will be done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in entrance exam. The performance of candidate in GD/Interview (wherever applicable) will also be taken into consideration for selection of admission. The candidates have to submit their original mark sheet of the qualifying examination, character certificate and migration certificate at the time of admission.
In case of any query regarding AMU 2017, you may ask us by commenting below.